Children require tactile stimulation through a variety of sources in order to fully develop their body, mind and spirit.
Louise’s training in paediatric health provide her with a unique set of skills to adequately assess needs and employ a variety of massage techniques with infants and children.
Benefits of massage for children and infants
- decreased anxiety and stress hormones.
- reduced aggressive behaviour.
- production of optimal hormones.
- increased body awareness (visual, tactile and proprioceptive input.)
- improved muscle tone and muscle relaxation.
- improved joint mobility.
- reduced hypersensitivity to tactile input.
- increased quality and quantity of vocalisation.
- increased bonding.
- enhanced body image and self esteem.
- increased healthy sense of boundaries.